San Francisco PTA Call Prop C "Historic Commitment to Children"
Add the San Francisco PTA to the growing list of supporters of Prop. C, the Children and Families First initiative that will increase investment in San Francisco children and guarantee funding for the next 25 years – without any increase in taxes.
“This is one of the smartest investments we can make, “ said Stephanie LeBeau, President of the SF PTA. “I am proud to be part of a City that proposes this historic commitment to children.”
Programs funded by Prop C will include:
- Athletic coaches and PE Teachers
- In-school music classes
- Arts classes and supplies
- A librarian for every school in San Francisco
- Universal Pre-School
- Support for children in foster care
- After-school programs for more than 10,000 kids
- Support for homeless youth
- Funding for organizations like Boys and Girls clubs and local YMCAs
“Education funding in California is still almost dead last in the nation,” said LeBeau. “Without this local investment, our children will not have the music, arts, physical education, and librarians that are essential for great schools.”
Proposition C extends San Francisco’s Children’s and the Public Education Enrichment Funds until June 30, 2041. The proposal will not increase property taxes; it will only affect the amount of property tax revenues set aside in the City budget for the Fund.
The San Francisco PTA represents thousands of parents, teachers and students throughout the City. Our mission is to improve the education, health, and well being of children and families in San Francisco by advocating for, cultivating, and empowering individual units. For more information, go to www.sfpta.org.
SFUSD Superintendent joined us for our Annual Back to School Reception and General Meeting at The Impact Hub on 9/15
We endorsed Prop C at our meeting; to read the report of the Study Committee, please click here.
Election day is right around the corner! Here's what you can do to support Prop C and Prop E now:
Prop E - Soda Tax (do one or all!):
- "Like" the campaign on Facebook here to keep up to date on opportunities to volunteer and the latest news.
- Ask your school's PTA to add it's name to the growing list of endorsements. More information on how to do that here.
- Plan a Day of Action with your PTA between now and election day (contact email@example.com to sign up). That could be:
- A Precinct Walk (parents and kids walking neighborhoods to leave campaign literature on the doorstep of specific houses - the campaign will provide a list)
- Phonebanking (you choose the location or you can bring a group to the campaign headquarters for a 2 hr session of calling voters and asking for their vote)
- Visibility Activities (grab a group of parents and kids to man a small table for 2-3 hours at a street fair or farmers market, handing out Prop E lit and encouraging people to vote)
Prop C - Our Children, Our City
- Come to one of the canvass trainings. See the Prop C website for details.
- Tell people what Prop C is! Many people know what the Children's Fund or PEEF is, but they may not know that the renewal of these measures is called Prop C.
Did you miss our officer trainings in May and September? Click here to find the resources shared.
Started your membership drive already? Great! Here is the form you will use to remit your dues to us.